Avatravel (Leyland) Ltd – Holiday Insurance
We have arranged with Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd a holiday insurance policy specially designed with our holidays in mind. This policy is insured by ETI – International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are Licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFIN – www.bafin.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to undertake insurance business in the UK.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes 24-hour emergency service from Towergate Assistance. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of the cover, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
|SECTION OF COVER||MAXIMUM SUMS INSURED AND/OR BENEFITS PER PERSON||MAXIMUM EXCESS PER PERSON|
|1 – Cancellation||Up to £3,000||£50 or more depending on your age and medical conditions. See the Special Conditions below.|
|2 – Travel delay||1) Delayed departure up to £60 (£20 after 12 hours and £10 per 12 hours delay thereafter) or
2) Abandonment of trip up to £3,000 (after 12 hour delay)
|£50 for abandonment only.|
|3 – Missed departure||Up to £500 for trips outside the United Kingdom||No excess|
|4 – Personal accident||Up to £15,000 (subject to age)||No excess|
|5 – Medical and other expenses including curtailment||Up to £5,000,000 including £250 emergency dental treatment, additional accommodation, travelling/repatriation expenses if you are hospitalised or have to stay beyond your return date (limited to £1,500 for trips solely within the United Kingdom), £5,000 for return of body or ashes (limited to £2,500 for death in the United Kingdom), £2,500 for funeral expenses abroad, £100 for taxi fares and telephone calls necessarily incurred, curtailment costs up to £3,000 and additional travelling expenses if you have to return home early (limited to £300 fo trips solely within the United Kingdom||£75 (£50 curtailment) or more depending on your age and medical conditions. See the Special Conditions below.|
|6 – Hospital benefit||£15 per day up to a maximum of £300||No excess|
|7 – Personal property||Up to £2,000 baggage, £75 delayed baggage, valuables total £200, single article limit £200 and £500 for personal money (cash limited to £250) an£50 for children aged under 16||£50 except for delayed baggage|
|8 – Loss of passport expenses||Up to £200 including loss or theft of your visa||No Excess
|9 – Personal liability||Up to £2,000,000||£250|
|10 – Legal costs and expenses||Up to £25,000||No excess|
A special feature of this policy is that you do not need to declare your medical conditions..
Otherwise the Special Conditions of this policy are as follows:
- No trip is booked or undertaken against medical advice or for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment.
- If your health changes after the start date of your policy you must contact the insurer to make sure that your cover is not affected.
- If you have a medical condition, you must obtain written confirmation from your medical practitioner that there is no reason why you should not travel.
- If you already suffer from or have a history of any medical condition and have to make a claim under Sections 1 or 5 arising from the medical condition, the standard level of policy excess is increased as follows:
- a) The excess under Section 1 and Section 5 (curtailment only) is doubled.
- b) If you are aged 65 years or less the excess under Section 5 is increased to £500 (not including curtailment).
- c) If you are aged 66 to 75 years the excess under Section 5 is increased to £1,000 (not including curtailment).
- d) If you are aged 76 to 90 years the excess under Section 5 is increased to £1,500 (not including curtailment).
There are also some main health exclusions that apply to all persons as follows:
Where you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends) have or have had symptoms which are awaiting or receiving investigation, tests, treatment, referral or the results of any of the foregoing.
- Any terminal illness suffered by you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends).
- Any medical condition for which you (or any person upon whose health the trip depends) have within 12 months prior to the date of issue of this insurance been diagnosed with a medical condition or have been admitted or undergone a procedure/ intervention.
- Any claims on medical grounds where you fail to provide a medical certificate or other suitable evidence from a medical practitioner of the need to cancel the trip.
This policy is only available to residents of the United Kingdom. The definition of residents of the United Kingdom is any person who is staying in or has lived in the United Kingdom for more than 12-months, or if studying or working in the United Kingdom for more than 6-months.
Avatravel (Leyland) Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Global Travel Insurance Services Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference 305686) being permitted to advise and arrange general insurance contracts. Our status can be checked on the Financial Conduct Authority Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk or calling 0845 606 9966.
INSURANCE PREMIUM RATES
|PERIOD OF TRAVEL||UK (including Isle of Man)||EUROPE (including Eire,Madeira and the Channel Islands)|
Insurance rates above include Insurance Premium Tax
Notice to Policyholders
With effect from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force. Therefore, the ‘Confidentiality and Data Protection’ section of your policy will be replaced by the wording below:
Use of personal data
Towergate Underwriting Group Limited is the Data Controller. Towergate is part of The Ardonagh Group of companies, and we may share your information within The Ardonagh Group (see http://www.ardonagh.com/ for details). We will use your personal information to:
Assess and provide the products or services that you have requested
Communicate with you in relation to servicing and administering your product
Develop new products and services
Undertake statistical analysis to help us improve our services and products
Contact you about products that are closely related to those you already hold with us
Provide additional assistance for these products or services
Notify you of important changes to products and functionality changes to our websites
Only where you have provided us with consent to do so, we may also from time to time use your information to provide you with details of offers relating to additional products and services from The Ardonagh Group.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information in line with industry practices.
Further information is contained in our Fair Processing Notice, full details of which can be found here http://www.towergate.com/fair-processing-notice. This explains who we are, the types of information we hold, how we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and informs you of certain rights you have regarding your personal information. If you are unable to access this website, details can be obtained by contacting the address or telephone number indicated in any recent correspondence or emails you have received from us.
You can also contact us for general data protection queries via email to DataProtection@ardonagh.com or in writing to The Data Protection Officer, care of the office of the Chief Information Officer, The Ardonagh Group, 55 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 3AS